New Quadrant Partners Limited (“NQP”) is committed to encouraging equality of opportunity and respect for diversity and to recruiting, training and promoting the best person for the job and encouraging all our colleagues to reach their full potential, regardless of age, gender, marital status, race, nationality, disability, religion or religious or other beliefs, sexual orientation, social or educational background or family or care responsibilities.
We look to establish a culture within the firm where discrimination of any type is unacceptable.
Our commitment lies at the heart of our promise to provide outstanding client service by maintaining the highest standards of professional excellence.
Our Diversity Policy
This policy covers the following matters and covers all individuals working at all levels:
- Recruitment and selection
- Terms and conditions of employment/terms of engagement
- Discrimination, victimisation and harassment
- Complaints procedure
It accepts and reiterates our responsibilities under UK anti-discrimination and equality legislation and the Human Rights Act 1998.
Recruitment and selection
All applications for new jobs are welcomed and are considered for selection on the relative merits of the applicant against the job and/or person specification for the position regardless of age, gender, marital status, race, nationality, disability, religion or religious or other beliefs, sexual orientation, social or educational background or family or care responsibilities.
Job and person specifications will only include criteria which are objectively required for the duties and responsibilities of the vacancy and will be drawn up before the recruitment process begins. However, if there is a genuine and lawful reason for limiting the vacancy to a particular group, this reason and the grounds for it will be clearly stated on any advertisements.
Barristers and other sub-contractors are instructed on the basis of their skills, experience, ability and cost and not on the grounds of age, gender, marital status, race, nationality, disability, religion or religious or other beliefs, sexual orientation, social or educational background or family or care responsibilities.
Terms and conditions of employment/engagement
We ensure that terms and conditions of employment/terms of engagement are free from all forms of direct and indirect discrimination and apply equally regardless of age, gender, marital status, race, nationality, disability, religion or religious or other beliefs, sexual orientation, social or educational background or family or care responsibilities. Our grievance and disciplinary procedures will operate without discrimination.
We value the individual contribution of all colleagues and prospective employees from all sectors of the community. We are committed to facilitating the employment of people with disabilities wherever practicable and in order to achieve this, we apply the following principles. We will:
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that the working environment, working practices, terms and conditions of employment and terms of engagement do not prevent disabled people from taking up positions for which they are suitably qualified and the best person for the job
- Make reasonable adjustments to recruitment arrangements, the working environment, working practices role responsibilities and to terms and conditions of employment so as to ensure that no particular disabled person is placed at an unreasonable disadvantage
- Ensure that any colleague who becomes disabled whilst in employment will be given the full support of NQP to continue in their own job (where practicable and having put in place any reasonable adjustments) or is offered a move to an alternative job appropriate to his/her experience and abilities, if available
- Continue to provide services and facilities to clients with disabilities.
NQP believes that we all have the right to work in an environment which promotes equality of opportunity and prohibits discriminatory practices. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination, victimisation or harassment by or against our people.
We are committed to monitoring the effectiveness of this Equality and Diversity Policy. We undertake to regularly review all our policies, procedures and practices in relation to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment, learning & development opportunities, career development, promotion and grievance and discipline to ensure they comply with any legislative changes and good practice. We will endeavour to identify and take all steps necessary to eliminate any unjustified discrimination or victimisation which is revealed by this monitoring process and action which is required to achieve our commitment and vision for equality and diversity.
Please click this link to see our 2013 diversity data in graph form.
Please click this link to see our 2015 diversity data in table form.